29 October 2011

Backwards Names

My family likes to play a fun game called Backwards Names.  This game is played by taking each name piece of a person's name and reversing the characters and trying to pronounce it fluently.

I was just sitting on the couch tonight after a long Saturday and not thinking about backwards names at all.  I had my laptop open to get some work done, but my son sat down next to me, and I wanted to show him some programming.

I started out in irb and just did some simple string substitution with his name, but irb and ruby make it so easy to just mess around that I ended up with an implementation of Backwards Names before I knew it.

Here it is:


It was just really fun to do that with him and see lights start to turn on about what programming was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment