I wanted to print only a part of a web page. Usually, I tweak the pages but then it spans pages and it's confusing to get just the pages I want. Or if I got desperate, I would copy/paste into a text editor and print that instead (after reformatting all the copy/paste noise away). Instead of all that nonsense, I found a better way.
Here's how to do it:
- Select the text you want to print (in Chrome)
- Click Print (or press Ctrl-P or Cmd-P on Mac)
- Click "More Settings" in the Chrome print dialog
- Select the "Selection only" box
- Adjust "Scale" to get it on the right number of pages (1 page usually)
Then print and you can move on with your life. I love how simple it is. Hopefully you benefit from this.