31 December 2011

Subscribing to FamilySearch Updates

Keeping up with all that's going on at FamilySearch is harder than it needs to be, but I finally figured out how.

Most sites give you large categories of feeds to track, but FamilySearch has all of 14 different feeds, some of which overlap or not (the feeds are available by appending '/feed' to the URL).  But I couldn't find any "everything" feed URL.

Because I work for FamilySearch, and because I care about what goes on around me, I want to subscribe to everything, if only just to skim.  The most important announcements get forwarded through internal email, however the additional articles are very useful context, especially for an employee.

Unfortunately, the default "subscribe" link just subscribes you to feeds #2, #3, & #4, or Indexing, Record Search, & Indexing, respectively.  The "Subscribe" link is visible on an individual article's page, but isn't even present on the main blog page.

Here is the feed link you can put in your feed reader to subscribe to everything:


When feed/category/blog #15 gets defined, this feed URL will be invalid again.  Maybe there is a better way.  If anyone knows a better way, please let me know.

I want an "everything" subscribe link that I won't have to update in my feed reader, or maybe an "everything but trivia" link.

No comments:

Post a Comment