03 September 2009

Exchanging gravitons with the monolith

When I was telling my colleague about my plans to aggressively modularize the monolith, he said:
You're exchanging gravitons with the monolith.
And he was right. The effect of the warped space-time in the close vicinity of the monolith was such that I lost sight of the new work we had recently embarked on. The trajectory I was on got skewed by the gravitational pull.

It is not sufficient to be doing work that is improving modularization. It is required to be doing work to deliver user value all the time -- and to take advantage of every opportunity to modularize in order to deliver user value.

Letting modularization become an end in itself is sometimes tempting, but in the end it was not the right path forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment