That's pretty common for me.
Chrome/Firefox both preserve HTML style when copying text to the clipboard, and the following are common targets:
- HTML-enabled editor widget
- word processor document
My old process was:
- copy text/link from web page
- open up a text editor
- paste inside the text editor
- copy the same text again, this time without the style
- paste into the target location
I finally got sick of doing this manually all the time, so I wrote a script and put it in my app launcher bar.
Here is a gist with a script you can download: