04 January 2012

Open Genealogy Alliance

The manifesto posted at opengenalliance.org is something that I can very much support.

As part of RootsTech 2012, I'm going to sign up for an open hour to talk about open content licenses.  Anyone who has an interest in this topic, please get in touch with me and we can collaborate on the presentation.

I wonder what it will take to get some more visible & material signs of support from archives, libraries, societies, museums, or genealogical content companies on that site.

Something like the contributors listed on opencontentalliance.org.

Perhaps a link to the Better Than Free article is in order.  My personal resources are small, but if there is any kind of material support I can give to the opengenalliance.org effort, I want to do so.

Here are a few examples I could find of license information on open content sites (some related to genealogy, some not):


No comments:

Post a Comment